Now that the temperatures are heating up just wanted to let you get a virtual taste of my favorite drink to make in the summer. I don’t know why but mint grows like a weed at our house during the summer, the more mint I pull out, the more mint seems to sprout up.
- Just take 2 cucumbers, peel and seed.
- Grab some mint leaves.
- Squeeze lime juice in and puree all together now.
- Zoom, zoom, zoom!
- Voila. You have a refreshing and alkalizing drink when the thermometer reaches into the 80s.
- You can throw a few big ice cubes in if you want.
- Give this to your carnivore friends and even they will be yum-yum-ing!
- Garnish with a few mint leaves on top.
- You can also throw in a few kale or spinach leaves if you are so included, although it you are making this for a friend it will be more attractive without the dark green.
If you don’t want to waste the cucumber seeds then you can take them and lay on the floor with a towel underneath your head. Put the seeds on your eyes and hang out for 10 minutes. The big dark circle under your eyes will have evaporated. Great to do before a big event where you have to look good. If you want a bonus to this eye bag tightening treatment then have your legs up on a chair or up on a wall and you’ll feel tensions start to melt away. It’s like a mini restorative spa yoga treatment for a recession wallet.
It’s fun to do this with a friend or family member. I’ve done treatment with my dad (we had to hide from my step-mom since we didn’t want her to see us getting cucumber juice on the floor and freak out) and also with a guy friend. Both of them felt and looked so refreshed afterwards.
Another Healthy Summer Drink.
Do you have a ton of mint that grows around your property? Then take some leaves and just boil with water. Let it steep a few hours. Now you have your own mint tea. Throw in your ice cubes and you have another refreshing summer drink. Squeeze some lemon in if you are so inclined.
What are your favorite healthy non-alcoholic drinks? Post your answer on our Facebook page or in the comments section below….