Philadelphia Yoga Class Outside …Rock Your Asana Yoga on the Art Museum Steps. We took this outside yoga class as a benefit for Yoga Unites against Breast Cancer which they hold every year so you can rock your asana yoga on the Philly Art Museum Steps.
Five Solid Benefits You Can Experience from Yoga
- Reduce Stress through the practice of Yoga. This is a universal benefit of all styles of Yoga. If you have stress, when you walk into a Yoga class, you will have much less when you leave. You might feel sore or invigorated after your first class.Some Yoga schools use a variety of methods to purge stress from the body, but the most common are Pranayama (breath techniques), Asana (posture), Mantra (sound), Meditation, and Relaxation Techniques. After a few classes, you will know what works and what does not.
- Positive Thinking is a by product of most yoga classes, with the rare exception of a dogmatic Yoga teacher. If you discover you are in the midst of a “drill sergeant,” disguised as a Yoga teacher, you have to make a decision based on your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health. Do you want to be challenged or do you want to feel supported during your class? Consider this: If you feel negative after listening to your Yoga teacher, you should not return to that class. You may find another Yoga teacher in the same facility or at another Yoga center.
- Sleeping Better is a result of the first two, above-mentioned, Yoga benefits. For the most part, the physical styles of Yoga release muscle tension through Asana (movement) and Pranayama (controlled breath work). The less physical styles may focus on Mantra, Meditation, and Relaxation Techniques and often delve more into yogic philosophy.
- Relief from Back Pain is a by product of the physical styles, but choose carefully. The more gentle Hatha Yoga sub-styles such as Restorative, Gentle, and Therapeutic Yoga, cater to students with a variety of ailments, including back pain. Styles such as Ashtanga are usually not a great choice for a yoga newbie since the adjustments can be quite aggressive.
- Increased Muscle Tone is also a result of the physical styles of Yoga. If you are searching for a Hatha Yoga teacher, studio, or style, choose one that caters to your physical condition. Do not jump into a physically vigorous Yoga class, unless you are physically active. Most injuries, in the physical forms of Yoga occur, when students push themselves too far or the teacher does an inappropriate aggressive adjustment.
How does yoga transform you physically, mentally and spiritually to achieve your yoga weightloss goals? How can you choosing a yoga teacher help you get there faster?
- Release chronic pain, tightness and that frozen feeling in your body through juicy stretching and deep breathing.
- Each breath, coupled with movement and intention allows you to create the space for change.
- Gain clarity to detach from outcomes during your day so that decisions and obstacles become less stressful, which keeps you off the emotional roller coaster for good.
- An uplifting & restful class that will leave you buzzing with vitality & connect you to a deep sense of inner wisdom so you can focus on what you want to manifest in your life
Have you ever done yoga outside or in nature..what was it like…..? Post your thoughts on our Facebook page.
For free articles about yoga mailed once a month, email info at synergybyjasmine dot com with “Request Yoga Tips” in headline.
Jasmine Kaloudis teaches spiritual retreats in Pennsylvania, NJ and is the author of the mind body blogs and websites for 2011. She also teaches yoga weight loss classes, prenatal yoga near the Mainline, PA, gentle yoga near Broomall PA as well as gentle beginner yoga in various Philadelphia area locations.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
- Yoga Couples Retreat near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Videos
- Spiritual Couples Retreats & Yoga Retreats in Pennslyvania – Tantra near NYC
- Belated Happy New Year! Great Date Nights on Our Vacation
- Yoga Tuneup for Neck, Shoulder and Knee Pain – My Review of Jill Miller’s Yoga Therapy Tune Up DVDs
- Your Yoga Weightloss Goals? How Choosing a Yoga Teacher Can Help
- Tantra Yoga in Philadelphia – Yoga for Couples – Doing It Together
- Gentle Yoga Classes near Broomall PA and My Favorite Yoga Store in Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Yoga..Rock Your Asana Yoga on the Art Museum Steps
- Breathing and Conceiving? Yoga and Fertility
- 1000 Questions for Couples Before You Say “I Do”