Yoga for couples is a fun adventure into intimacy, play and relaxation. The poses are simply a doorway for you both to step deeper into your connection. When you stretch with you partner, your bodies melt each other’s tension and tightness. Whether your relationship is new or old, partner yoga will reinvigorate your life and renew your connection.
Couples Yoga Therapy
Couples Yoga is a medium created to build stronger communication and intimacy between human beings in a relationship. These Yoga Postures, breathing exercises and meditations are designed specifically to bring communication into a tangible form. We are here to help you to discover and experience the dynamics existing within your relationship
Couples Yoga compels companions to lay aside their differences while working to achieve a common goal. The simple act of breathing together and participating in a practice grounded in acceptance, unity and love translates to more open and authentic communication between partners.
This practice re-establishes weakened bonds. On the mat partners must have complete faith in each other. Postures are dependent on showing up for one another and giving equal effort. It is developed on trust and is a great metaphor for the nut and bolt aspect of all relationships.
There’s no finished, perfect pose or situation. This is about learning new methods to connect, and cooperate, while finding new ways to support each other.
Spiritual Couples Yoga Retreats in Pennsylvania near NYC and Philly
In these sessions you will learn a combination of the following practices:
- Yoga postures
- Breathing exercises
- Partner Meditations
- Massage techniques
- Affirming your partner and Being Affirmed
- The Power of Intention
If you begin a couples yoga class with an existing partner, talk with each other before going to the first class about what you want from this. Try not to let your expectations get overblown in terms of how the class can remedy any specific relationship challenges you’re having. Go in with an open mind and heart — not with a sense that this is going to fix something, but a willingness to learn and grow together by sharing and connecting through yoga.
As a supportive partner, your role is to listen as well as share openly, and to treat the person you’re practicing with as you’d like to be treated. Sound familiar? By exploring physical give-and-take, you and your partner can dive deeply into the principles that govern successful, supportive friendships and loving relationships.
Be present and focus on each other during your partner yoga class or practice — and try not to take anything too seriously, cautions Mahoney. “Take a deep breath and relax. Laugh together. Partner yoga is full of the hilarious and the divine.”
A partners yoga pose sequence to try
Child’s pose is a simple favorite to explore with a partner. Everyone loves the deep release that the partnered variations give the sacrum and lower back. Child’s pose can also serve as a solid base for other heart openers such as Camel pose.”
Now add the couples elements: For a simple but delightful partners yoga massage, begin with one partner resting in child’s pose and then moving into the following sequence:
- The active partner stands between the resting partner’s outstretched hands, and the resting partner takes firm hold of the active partner’s ankles.
- The active partner leans forward and walks hands down the resting partner’s back until you come to an Upward Dog-like position with hands resting on the lower lumbar or sacral area of the back.
- From here, the active partner moves his or her weight forward into the hands to give the resting partner a deep low-back release.
- The active partner shifts weight back into his or her heels, releasing the pressure. Repeat several times. Very, very nice!
RECENT BLOG POSTS
- My Review of Amazingself.com – Fine-Tuning Your Eating, Skin, Wallet and Mindset
- Yoga & Meditation Music and Song Reviews – Tunes to Downdog, Chill or Get It On To
- Sleeping with Your Enemy or Shooting Your Enemy? My Review of SaveTheMarriage.com
- Partner Yoga for Beginners and Partner Yoga DVDs and Videos
- Romantic Ideas, Romance Tips and Top 9 Romance Sites for the Love-Challenged
- Couples Yoga Poses and Couples Meditation Benefits