Sitting at a computer all day or driving in the car a lot can make for cranky and stiff shoulders and a stiff neck. While I aspire to get a once a week massage at a luxurious spa, for now I’ve found a technique to get rid of this tightness without leaving the house.
- This works best on a hard surface like a floor but not so well on a soft surface like a bed or a coach.
- Budget the time to really be able to work your entire shoulder region since just giving yourself 8 minutes for this is not going to make a big difference.
- Turn your cell phone off ( I promise you there is no where in your cell phone manual where you will find the directions that say your cell phone must remain on at all times.
- Turn the lights on low or off or have a scented eye pillow nearby.
- Have some plinky-plonky music.
- Tell others in your household that you are not to be disturbed for the next ( at least) 30 minutes.
- You won’t feel like talking or even thinking once you surrender to the pose and you will feel yourself dropping to a deep place of stillness and relaxation.
What about you? What do you do to relieve tight and stiff shoulders and neck pain? Post your thoughts on our Facebook page
For free articles about yoga mailed once a month, email info at synergybyjasmine dot com with “Request Yoga Tips” in headline.
Twitter – synergyjasmine
Facebook – www.facebook.com/couplesyoga
You Tube – http://www.youtube.com/user/SynergybyJasmine
Published for synergybyjasmine.com
Solid Benefits You Can Experience from Yoga
You hear so much about Yoga these days, and there are so many Yoga styles to choose from, that it is advisable to research a particular Yoga style which suits your needs. Some Yoga classes are gentle, restorative, athletic, cerebral, spiritual, meditative, or hot. Therefore, research the style of Yoga which attracts you most. Then visit a local Yoga studio, or wellness center, for further information. If you have any concerns, you could set up an appointment with a Yoga teacher, and share your thoughts about your specific needs. Do research online to see what kinds of reviews the studio and teachers have received. For those looking for a gentle yoga practice in Philadelphia, there are many options.
There are many benefits you can expect from regularly attending Yoga classes, but the five of the most common benefits of Yoga are listed below. Choose a Yoga tea
cher who fits your needs and do not be pressured into taking a Yoga class that does not suit your lifestyle. Many vigorous, power, hot yoga classes can be very physically challenging so be prepared to work hard in your first class.
- Reduce Stress through the practice of Yoga. This is a universal benefit of all styles of Yoga. If you have stress, when you walk into a Yoga class, you will have much less when you leave. You might feel sore or invigorated after your first class.Some Yoga schools use a variety of methods to purge stress from the body, but the most common are Pranayama (breath techniques), Asana (posture), Mantra (sound), Meditation, and Relaxation Techniques. After a few classes, you will know what works and what does not.
- Positive Thinking is a by product of most yoga classes, with the rare exception of a dogmatic Yoga teacher. If you discover you are in the midst of a “drill sergeant,” disguised as a Yoga teacher, you have to make a decision based on your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health. Do you want to be challenged or do you want to feel supported during your class? Consider this: If you feel negative after listening to your Yoga teacher, you should not return to that class. You may find another Yoga teacher in the same facility or at another Yoga center.
- Sleeping Better is a result of the first two, above-mentioned, Yoga benefits. For the most part, the physical styles of Yoga release muscle tension through Asana (movement) and Pranayama (controlled breath work). The less physical styles may focus on Mantra, Meditation, and Relaxation Techniques and often delve more into yogic philosophy.
Yoga has helped many to have a more objective point of view on situations and people. Instead of judging people, you come to realize that most people are doing their best for their level of consciousness and you develop greater compassion for others. Yoga has assisted in stemming the feelings of pain, fatigue, doubt, confusion, self-delusion and despair that we all feel. Yoga helps to make your mind steady and clear so decisions are made from a place of clarity and strength.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
- Yoga Couples Retreat near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Videos
- Spiritual Couples Retreats & Yoga Retreats in Pennslyvania – Tantra near NYC
- Belated Happy New Year! Great Date Nights on Our Vacation
- Yoga Tuneup for Neck, Shoulder and Knee Pain – My Review of Jill Miller’s Yoga Therapy Tune Up DVDs
- Your Yoga Weightloss Goals? How Choosing a Yoga Teacher Can Help
- Tantra Yoga in Philadelphia – Yoga for Couples – Doing It Together
- Gentle Yoga Classes near Broomall PA and My Favorite Yoga Store in Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Yoga..Rock Your Asana Yoga on the Art Museum Steps
- Breathing and Conceiving? Yoga and Fertility
- 1000 Questions for Couples Before You Say “I Do”